Now, more than ever, we are in need of self-care routines to ward off burnout and stress. Students, parents, adults, business professionals, and most citizens in the United States are working and schooling from home. We are spending endless hours in front of our electronic devices, receiving an education, meeting deadlines, performing our jobs remotely. Most of these tasks were once completed in a school building or office space with co-workers and friends to help us get through the day. A
Today, I encourage you, your friends, family, and co-workers to take time for self-care to ward off burnout and unhealthy levels of stress. Burnout and stress can manifest in the following ways:
- A sense of failure and self-doubt,
- Feelings of helplessness, being trapped, and defeated,
- A loss of motivation,
- Having a negative outlook.
Self- Care routines are one of the best ways to limit stress and burnout. Let me share a few basic self-care routines that can be very helpful:
- Eat well balanced meals.
- Get enough sleep.
- Practice your preferred type of exercise.
- Avoid drug use and excessive alcohol.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Engage with friends and loved ones,
- And my favorite, try to do something you enjoy every day!
Personally, I love to unwind by listening to my favorite playlist on Pandora. As always, feel free to share your favorite self-care technique or routine. Happy living!